We invite all attendees to show their costume ideas, known as cosplays, at HarmonyCon! Cosplaying helps bring out the creative talents that people have to a welcoming event space of all creative minds. If you are unsure whether any piece of your cosplay violates policies, the Safety team will be able to assist you with making sure you are all set! With that in mind, we want attendees to follow the policies for cosplays as listed below:
- All cosplays must comply with local laws and venue rules.
- Any attendee cosplay that can be mistaken for local law enforcement titles (e.g. Sheriff, police, SWAT, etc.) will be required to remove these items from all convention spaces.
- All cosplays must be considered rated G (also considered family friendly). Cosplay items must not include any vulgar or offensive words or symbols. Cosplay items must not include or represent any kind of discriminating, hateful, heavily controversial, or political ideas or organizations, which include but are not limited to the KKK and Nazi. For areas of the body that a swimsuit would cover, the cosplay must cover those areas well and not present any kind of lewd or offensive innuendos.
- No bare feet (for your health).
- No sharp points or edges (e.g. spikes).
- No live steel (e.g. swords, knives, or other edged metal objects).
- No lights of high intensity that can hurt or damage people's eyes, such as flood lights or lasers.
- No firearms of any sort is allowed on the convention space, regardless if it is harmless, peace-bonded, or otherwise. This is to keep attendees, venue staff, and hotel guests not a part of the convention happy and comfortable with their hotel. Those caught with any sort of prop or fake firearms will be required to remove that item from all of venue space. If it is not followed, then proper authorities will need to be contacted.
- No projectiles of any sort are allowed, which include, but are not limited to Nerf darts, "ninja stars," silly string, arrows, and foam balls.
- Avoid oversized cosplays that can unnecessarily take up space (especially another seat in a panel), obstruct views during any panel or event, hinder your ability to move comfortably in our spaces, or cause tripping hazards.
Please understand that the Safety team or leadership of HarmonyCon will have final say on whether a cosplay item is acceptable. Any cosplay items found to be in violation of these policies will be confiscated and released back to the attendee once the attendee is departing all convention spaces. If another offense happens with the same or similar cosplay item, the attendee will potentially be banned from the convention for obvious noncompliance.